Anyone in receipt of apprenticeship funding will need to consider the levels of quality assurance and compliance. If you have successfully navigated ROATP and have become approved as a provider and can access apprenticeship funding then you will need to understand the compliance that goes with it.
Apprenticeship Funding Compliance
The first thing you will need to do is to monitor apprenticeship funding requirements and updates on the government’s web page. There is a useful RSS feed available which means that you can get the updates.
There are a number of critical documents on the site that will provide the compliance requirements from an apprenticeship funding perspective.
OfSTED and Apprenticeship Funding
Whilst you might be celebrating your success on getting through ROATP there are still a few hurdles that need to be jumped. As well as delivering excellent apprenticeship programmes you will also need to consider OfSTED. Any training provider who receives apprenticeship funding is also liable to receiving an OfSTED inspection. Again there is clear guidance to providers on the OfSTED website as to how this will work and what are the requirements.
Fundamentally, providers in receipt of apprenticeship funding need to ensure that their delivery is compliant with the OfSTED guidance. Also, they should make sure that they create a
Using Stedfast for OfSTED Quality Assurance
We developed Stedfast for colleges and training providers who receive apprenticeship funding. The system has a number of key features that support quality assurance.
- Outcomes Assessment – this module is designed to support self assessment, quality improvement planning, strategic planning and programme reviews.
- Policy & Procedures – a module to centralise and manage all policies and procedures
- Risk Assessment – a module to create and manage risk assessments
- Staff Management * – a module to manage staff performance and CPD
- Observation of teaching, learning and assessment ** – a module that allows provider to manage their OTLA.
*Due for release Dec 2018
**Due for release Jan 2019
More information about Stedfast
If you are a provider in receipt or apprenticeship funding and want to know more about Stedfast and how it supports your quality assurance then please get in contact with us and we will schedule an online meeting with you.