There have been significant developments in the text to speech technologies in the last couple of years.
Google, Microsoft and Amazon have all invested heavily in machine learning technologies.
This is great news for anyone interested in easily creating voiceovers using text to speech. The introduction of Neural Text to Speech utilises machine learning technologies to generate synthesised speech from a text that is human-sounding. The days of robotic single tone text to speech engines are a thing of the past.
Using neural TTS, it is now possible to produce natural-sounding speech in almost any language. This offers a range of benefits in a number of areas:
- E-Learning – TTS supports teachers and e-learning developers to create learning modules for online training.
- Marketing – business can use TTS to make short information videos in just about any language.
- Call centre automation – TTS can be used to reduce agent workload and reduce operational costs.
- Assistive technologies – TTS can support developers in making their websites and applications more accessible.
- Digital content designers – TTS can reduce the need to create documents – it can replace these with audio instructions.
Using Capella Speech you are able to easily create text to voice files using Google, Microsoft and Amazon neural text to speech.