What’s in these terms?
These terms tell you the rules for using our website www.stedfast.io (our site).
Who we are and how to contact us
www.stedfast.io is a site operated by Capella Systems Limited (“We”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 07416085 and have our registered office at Osborne House, 20 Victoria Avenue, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG1 5QY . Our main trading address is Osborne House, 20 Victoria Avenue, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG1 5QY. Our VAT number is 199493242
We are a limited company.
To contact us, please email [email protected] or telephone our customer service line on 01423 740411.
By using our site you accept these terms
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
There are other terms that may apply to you
● Our Acceptable Use Policy https://www.stedfast.io/acceptable-use-policy, which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our site. When using our site, you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
We may make changes to these terms
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
We may make changes to our site
We may update and change our site from time to time to reflect changes to our products, our users’ needs and our business priorities.
We may suspend or withdraw our site
Parts of Our site may be made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons and this may include withdrawing free services and replacing them with premium ones. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
Our site is designed for users in the UK
Our site is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through our site is appropriate for use or available in other locations, though it may be accessed from other locations due to the nature of the internet. You should ensure that your use of the website complies with laws applicable to your jurisdiction.
You must keep your account details safe
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at [email protected]
How you may use material on our site
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify any materials you have come across on our website in any way.,
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes in excess of our license to you without obtaining a further additional licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Do not rely on the information on this site
The content on our site is provided for general reference and guidance information only. No part of the website is intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of any of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
User-generated content is not approved by us
This website may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the site, including to bulletin boards and chat rooms. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
How to complain about content uploaded by other users
If you wish to complain about content uploaded by other users please contact us on [email protected]
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
Whether you are a consumer or a business user:
● We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
If you are a business user:
● We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
● We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
● use of, or inability to use, our site; or
● use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
In particular, we will not be liable for:
● loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
● business interruption;
● loss of anticipated savings;
● loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user:
● Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
● If defective digital content that we have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However, we will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damage that was caused by you failing to correctly follow installation instructions or to have in place the minimum system requirements advised by us.
How we may use your personal information
Uploading content to our site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy https://www.stedfast.io/acceptable-use-policy.html.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Unless you are logged in to a secure part of our site and you are a premium member, in the event that you make public posting or share any information with another user then any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and, where applicable, other users of our site a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties. We will make sure it is obvious when this applies at the time you make this kind of post. The rights you license to us are described in Rights you are giving us to use material you upload.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy https://www.stedfast.io/acceptable-use-policy.html You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
We do not store terrorist content.
Rights you are giving us to use material you upload
When you upload or post content to our site, you grant us the following rights to use that content:
● Use, display, reproduce, distribute and otherwise make available, all such content as is reasonably necessary for the purpose of providing the website and the services offered therein, and where applicable to other users within your business or group, in the ordinary course of our business as may change from time to time.
● We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
● We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
● You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
● You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Rules about linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy https://www.stedfast.io/acceptable-use-policy
If you wish to link to or make any use of the content on our site other than that set out above, please contact [email protected]
Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
Our trade marks are registered
“Stedfast’” is registered as a UK registered trade mark of Capella Systems Limited. You are not permitted to use it without our approval unless it is a part of the material you are using as permitted under How you may use material on our site.